Manufacturing Sectoral report
The Critical Manufacturing Sector organizations play a significant role in National Services performed within a Nation. This sector is strategically valuable for a country's trade, energy, foreign relations, infrastructure development, etc. Hence, Threat Actors (TAs), Ransomware groups, and other cyber criminals have shown a key interest in this sector due to Information Technology (IT), Operational Technology (OT) & Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) environment and assets.
Notable insights from this report include:
- Cyberattacks on the Manufacturing sector are increasingly becoming fast-paced.
- CISA) released 69 Critical Manufacturing-related advisories highlighting the magnitude of this sector's vulnerabilities.
- Cyble Global Sensor Intelligence (CGSI) network picked up early intelligence about exploitation attempts towards several Industrial Control System (ICS) protocols used in the Manufacturing sector.
- CGSI intelligence suggests multiple ICS products from reputed vendors are at risk.
- The Ransomware attacks on the Manufacturing sector spiked to over 100% in this quarter.
- The MOVEit Campaign by ransomware groups further added to the worries of the Manufacturing sector.